Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Reports
In alignment with the industry, SaskTel's Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report is an evolution of SaskTel's annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. SaskTel will continue the progression of ESG reporting in subsequent annual publications as industry standards are established.
Key highlights from this years' report include:
- SaskTel contributed $2,882,921 to 548 non-profit and charitable organizations, community associations, venues, events, and partnerships in 144 communities.
- The SaskTel Pioneers, a network of both current and retired employee volunteers, contributed $302,096 in financial donations and a total of $1,593,546 in-kind donations.
- SaskTel TelCare, SaskTel's employee-driven charitable donation program, contributed nearly $209,000 to 47 locally operated charities and non-profits.
- Phones for a Fresh Start provided 675 phones and $12,000 worth of phone cards to people fleeing domestic abuse and youth transitioning out of Ministry of Social Services care. The program recycled 5,363 devices.
- As an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, and acceptance, SaskTel promoted the Be Kind Online initiative to positivity influence online behaviour and awarded $17,600 to youth-lead kindness initiatives.
- SaskTel was recognized for our sustainability and greening efforts, being once again named one of Canada's Greenest Employers.
- SaskTel invested $465.1 million in capital to deliver world-class connectivity to Saskatchewan.
- SaskTel's ongoing work to make diversity, equity, and teamwork a high priority contributed to SaskTel being named to Canada's Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp and Forbes Canada's Best Employers lists.
"Since 1908, SaskTel has built a strong reputation as a socially responsible corporation dedicated to investing in Saskatchewan." said Doug Burnett, SaskTel President and CEO. "SaskTel's Environmental Social Governance focus is inspired by our history, by the vision for Saskatchewan of our shareholder, and designed by the needs of our stakeholder."
Our ESG Practices
With our focus on Environmental Stewardship and sustainability we aim to protect the natural environment and uphold social responsibilities while growing our business and connecting customers to their world so that future generations can enjoy the benefits of a clean and healthy environment.
SaskTel strives to improve the standard of living for people in Saskatchewan. We have been, and continue to be, a major contributor to the quality of life in this province.
Ethical leadership remains a key focal point within the organization, and SaskTel's Board of Directors has set a priority that ethical business conduct is an expectation embraced throughout all levels of the company.