SaskTel and SIIT
SaskTel and SIIT
Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies Scholarships
The Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) and SaskTel have jointly established three scholarships valued at $1500 to encourage Indigenous students to pursue post-secondary education in fields directly related to telecommunications.
The scholarships are contingent upon recipients proceeding to or participating in a full-time two-year diploma program related to telecommunications.
Open to students who have successfully completed High School requirements or the Adult Secondary Education program.
The student must:
- Have completed at least two years in a high school in Saskatchewan and attained complete secondary level standing, or have completed at least two semesters in the ASE (Adult Secondary Education) program.
- Apply and be accepted into a discipline identified as relevant to the telecommunications industry at SIIT. Preference is for electronics and computers; however, business administration, accounting and marketing will also be considered
- Achieve a minimum 75% average in classes taken
Open to students who successfully complete the first year of study of a two year diploma program. The student must:
- Be a full-time student at SIIT taking a full course load, and be enrolled in a discipline identified as relevant to the telecommunications industry. Preference is for electronics and computers; however, business administration, accounting and marketing will also be considered
- Achieve a minimum 75% average on first semester and second semester marks
Please note that Scholarship applications are not retained past the award year.
Deadline for scholarship applications is November 1 of each year
If you have any questions please feel free to call our Human Resources Department at 1.866.742.6551 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.