SaskTel and SIIT
SaskTel and SIIT
Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies Scholarships
The Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) and SaskTel have jointly established three scholarships valued at $1500 to encourage Indigenous students to pursue post-secondary education in fields directly related to telecommunications.
The scholarships are contingent upon recipients proceeding to or participating in a full-time two-year diploma program related to telecommunications.
Open to students who have successfully completed High School requirements or the Adult Secondary Education program.
The student must:
- Have completed at least two years in a high school in Saskatchewan and attained complete secondary level standing, or have completed at least two semesters in the ASE (Adult Secondary Education) program.
- Apply and be accepted into a discipline identified as relevant to the telecommunications industry at SIIT. Preference is for electronics and computers; however, business administration, accounting and marketing will also be considered
- Achieve a minimum 75% average in classes taken
Open to students who successfully complete the first year of study of a two year diploma program. The student must:
- Be a full-time student at SIIT taking a full course load, and be enrolled in a discipline identified as relevant to the telecommunications industry. Preference is for electronics and computers; however, business administration, accounting and marketing will also be considered
- Achieve a minimum 75% average on first semester and second semester marks
Please note that Scholarship applications are not retained past the award year.
Deadline for scholarship applications is December 1, 2020
If you have any questions please feel free to call our Human Resources Department at 1.866.742.6551 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.