Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
Let’s start a conversationCall 1.844.SASKTEL
Connect all your business locations to one network.
SaskTel Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) enables private Wide Area Network (WAN) capabilities by leveraging Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVC) to segment and differentiate traffic and prioritize data across your locations.
- Get multi-drop metro or provincial wide area network connectivity using familiar Ethernet connections. The result: a unified network with more bandwidth, scalability, and flexibility.
- Simple Ethernet tagging allows your in-house IT personnel or IT partners to build a flexible network with multiple bandwidth and Quality of Service (QoS) profiles that can be matched to traffic type or application.
- Delivers a level of security and reliability that Internet-based VPN’s simply cannot match and enables the secure distribution of private applications, services, and data in a cost-effective manner.
- Prioritize voice, video, and data traffic and transmit it through a single connection to improve productivity and lower your cost of doing business.
- Allows seamless interconnection of local area networks without relying on the public Internet.
- Dedicated fibre optic connections to allow Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs) between 1 and 10 Gbps of bandwidth*
- Multiple virtual connections over a single access, each with its own bandwidth allocation
- Various VLAN mapping options to provide traffic segregation and prioritization
- Numerous bandwidth and QoS profiles to match the requirements of your network and applications
- Reliable service backed by a Service Level Agreement and 24x7 support
*10Gbps capable accesses available in select locations
Adds a new EVC type to deliver internet connectivity directly to your locations over your VPLS access. Since the internet connectivity is delivered as an EVC and shares the UNI (physical access) with the VPLS service, adding internet to existing VPLS no longer requires dedicated facilities to access the public internet using your VPLS access.
VPLS IP Trunking
An interconnect option that provides an access to the SaskTel IP Trunking service through a single shared physical device. VPLS IP Trunking is a near real time EVC that is engineered and designed to carry voice traffic. An EVC allows voice traffic to be separated on a single physical connection.