Corporate Social Responsibility Reports
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been integrated into SaskTel’s business strategy for years and involves leveraging our technology, culture and talent to enable meaningful outcomes for our customers, communities, and employees. Our CSR report serves to highlight the impact we are making through economic, environmental and social activities in Saskatchewan.
Some highlights from this year’s report include:
- We contributed just under $2.9 million to 957 non-profit and charitable organizations, community associations, venues, events and partnerships in more than 233 communities across the province
- SaskTel Pioneers continue to be noticeable volunteers in local communities, with more than 42,000 hours of volunteer time
- Our Supported Employment Program is just one of several diversity initiatives that continue to make us a Best Diversity Employer in Canada
- Our EnviroCare team marked its five-year anniversary by officially reaching $5,000 worth of funds from recycling cans and bottles
SaskTel continues to prove year after year it’s not just a service provider, the numerous programs and initiatives highlighted in our CSR Report show the legacy we are leaving in our Province.
Doug Burnett, SaskTel President and CEO
Our CSR Practices
There are five key areas of focus for our CSR practices:
- Ethical Leadership – Our activities are guided by a set of values and principles designed to help all employees make ethical business decisions.
- Improving the Standard of Living for People in Saskatchewan – We continue to support the people of Saskatchewan through a variety of means such as our Community Investment Program.
- Increased Access to Products and Services – We will be a customer’s first choice by designing and delivering a positive customer experience every time.
- Employee Standards – The key to our success has always been our people. They are not just our strength, but also the kind of people who give back to the communities where we live and work.
- Environmental Stewardship – Our Eco(logical) strategy is innovative in its approach, laying out specific and aggressive goals for the organization to strive toward.