Travelling with your wireless device
Travelling with your wireless device
You can take your SaskTel wireless device almost anywhere in the world. We want to make it simple and easy for you to understand what your charges will be, and how you can save money.
Roam & Relax U.S. Daily Rates
Once you've opted-in, you'll automatically get the roam & RELAX U.S. Daily rates any time you travel to the U.S. For just $5/day for 300MB of data, and $3/day for unlimited voice calling, you'll never need to worry about using your phone in the U.S. You will only be charged roam & RELAX U.S. Daily Rates when voice and/or data usage is incurred.
|$3/day for unlimited calls from the U.S. to anywhere in the U.S. or Canada||$5/day for 300 MB (as low as $0.02/MB)|
To opt-in to roam & RELAX U.S. Daily Rates, text "Join" to 400400, and then reply "Yes" to confirm. See roam & RELAX U.S. Daily Rates for more information.
To learn more about wireless rates while roaming, watch our video:
shareMORE Canada & U.S. Plan
Take your shareMORE plan with you and enjoy worry-free roaming when you visit the U.S. Share data between multiple devices, get unlimited calling in Canada and the U.S., and more! For more information, see shareMORE plans.
International pay per use roaming rates
You'll get a roaming notification text message every time you enter a different country to let you know the retail roaming rates for the area you're in.
See the International roaming availability and rates search tool for specific roaming rates for the country you're travelling to.
If you text to an international number, you'll be charged $0.20 per text in addition to the texting roaming rate for the country you're in. Customers with Unlimited Text Messaging can send Text Messages for free in Caribbean countries with the same dialing pattern as North America (1 + area code + 7 digit number). See Caribbean countries with unlimited text messaging.
For more information on how billing works, see Roaming rates & billing.
Pay per use data roaming rates
|Country||Data Roaming Rate||roam & RELAX add-on available|
|U.S.||$5/day for 300 MB||roam & RELAX U.S|
|Albania, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Congo (Dem Rep of), Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Curacao, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Egypt, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Vietnam||$0.15/MB||roam & RELAX International|
|Australia, Burundi, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong, Israel, Laos, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Paraguay, and Puerto Rico||$1/MB|
|Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Gibraltar, Iceland, Iraq, Kenya, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, San Marino, Slovenia, and Tanzania||$5/MB|
|Bahamas, China, Norway, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turks & Caicos and any other country not listed above.||$15/MB||roam & RELAX International Data|
Save with a roam & RELAX Travel Add-on
With a roam & RELAX Travel Add-on, you'll get our best roaming rates. Choose from a variety of add-ons to meet your travel needs.
- roam & RELAX U.S. - Add-ons give you a package of minutes, text messages, and data for one low monthly price.
- roam & RELAX International - Travelling to a country with a $0.15/MB data roaming rate? roam & RELAX International Add-ons give you a package of minutes, text messages, and data for one low monthly price.
- roam & RELAX International Data - Travelling to a country with a $15/MB data roaming rate? The roam & RELAX International Data Add-on reduces your data roaming rates from $15/MB to $10/MB.
Other ways to save
- Your phone uses data even if you aren't actively using it. Consider turning off data roaming before you leave. You'll still be able to use your voice and text messaging services.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network to access your data services without the data charges. Wi-Fi can often be found in airports, hotels, and coffee shops
- Track your usage with the mySaskTel wireless app or bookmark sasktel.com/myusage on your wireless device.
- Turn off applications and avoid activities that use a lot of data (uploading all your vacation selfies, or streaming video).
Check out our Travel support hub for detailed information about travelling with your wireless device.
Caps on data overage charges
To help manage your wireless bill, we provide notifications and caps on data charges to consumer and small business customers. To learn more, visit Notifications and limits on data charges.
You may have been directed to this page from a text message sent by SaskTel. See Text messages from SaskTel for more information and opt-out instructions.