Experience seamless connectivity and harness the full potential of your business with our high-speed Ethernet service. Benefit from reliable, secure, and scalable networking solutions that streamline collaboration, facilitate efficient data transfer, and enhance productivity. Embrace the future of connectivity with our cutting-edge Ethernet services.
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
Virtual Private LAN Service connects all your business locations to one network, with a level of security and reliability that Internet-based VPNs simply cannot match.
SaskTel Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) enables private Wide Area Network (WAN) capabilities by leveraging Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVC) to segment and differentiate traffic and prioritize data across your locations.
SaskTel E-Line Service
SaskTel E-line service provides dedicated and secure Layer 2 point-to-point Ethernet connectivity between two or more customer sites. This service allows customers to have complete control over their network management, including assignments of Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), IP addressing, and routing protocols.
Do you need a high bandwidth wide area network in a very remote area? Microwave Ethernet Extension service provides a fibre-based network for remote areas.
- Get multi-drop metro or provincial wide area network connectivity using familiar Ethernet connections. The result: a unified network with more bandwidth, scalability, and flexibility.
- Simple Ethernet tagging allows your in-house IT personnel or IT partners to build a flexible network with multiple bandwidth and Quality of Service (QoS) profiles that can be matched to traffic type or application.
- Delivers a level of security and reliability that Internet-based VPN’s simply cannot match and enables the secure distribution of private applications, services, and data in a cost-effective manner.
- Prioritize voice, video, and data traffic and transmit it through a single connection to improve productivity and lower your cost of doing business.
- Allows seamless interconnection of local area networks without relying on the public Internet.
- Dedicated fibre optic connections to allow Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs) between 1 and 10 Gbps of bandwidth*
- Multiple virtual connections over a single access, each with its own bandwidth allocation
- Various VLAN mapping options to provide traffic segregation and prioritization
- Numerous bandwidth and QoS profiles to match the requirements of your network and applications
- Reliable service backed by a Service Level Agreement and 24x7 support
*10 Gbps capable accesses available in select locations
Adds a new EVC type to deliver internet connectivity directly to your locations over your VPLS access. Since the internet connectivity is delivered as an EVC and shares the UNI (physical access) with the VPLS service, adding internet to existing VPLS no longer requires dedicated facilities to access the public internet using your VPLS access.
VPLS IP Trunking
An interconnect option that provides an access to the SaskTel IP Trunking service through a single shared physical device. VPLS IP Trunking is a near real time EVC that is engineered and designed to carry voice traffic. An EVC allows voice traffic to be separated on a single physical connection.
Secure and reliable connectivity to the cloud. Cloud Access provides a direct connection between your locations and cloud service providers for a better networking solution when compared to the public Internet.
- Provisioned as fibre-based service that provides an Ethernet connection between geographically diverged customer locations.
- Offers secure and dedicated network connectivity, safeguarding against unauthorized access, tampering, and data breach.
- Can be easily scaled to accommodate changes in bandwidth requirements, making it an ideal solution for businesses with growing needs.
- Multiple Quality of Service (QoS) profile options that allow for the prioritization of traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth needed to operate efficiently.
- Customer-managed service allowing greater control over network activities.
Ethernet Private Line (EPL)
EPL service provides single EVC between two customer locations. EPL service enables customers to use any VLANs or Ethernet control protocol across the service. EPL provides a pure point-to-point connection without VLAN tagging and will allow the customer to use features like Media Access Control security (MACsec) and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). EPL permits the delivery of non-native Ethernet access speeds with a selected QoS profile within the EVC.
Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL)
EVPL is similar to EPL but supports the added flexibility to multiplex EVCs onto single physical interface at the customer's hub or aggregation site, in effect, creating a point-to-multipoint or spoke and hub topology. The EVPL solution will allow for the secure partitioning of Ethernet connections over a shared infrastructure and permits the delivery of non-native Ethernet access speeds, while allowing differentiated QoS between EVPL instances and between different traffic categories within an EVC.
Quality of Service (QoS) Options
Near Real Time
Offers a full speed Committed Information Rate (CIR) for low latency expedited transmissions of traffic for delay-sensitive, real-time applications such as voice and video that require strict priority over other traffic types.
Provides a CIR of one half the EVC speed that is suitable for delay sensitive business applications where it is desirable for certain business-critical applications to be serviced preferentially over the Best Effort Class of Service.
Multi-Class of Service (MCoS)
Provides a blend of the three QoS options offering flexibility in a single EVC made up of 15% Near Real Time, 50% Business Priority, and up to 100% Best Effort.
Best for day-to-day operations by providing normal transmission of delay-tolerant traffic.