Managed IT Services
SaskTel Managed IT Services (MITS) allows you to outsource the day-to-day operations, support, and repair of your IT environment so you can spend that time on your business priorities.
We offer a customizable suite of solutions ranging from basic warranty and support on equipment to the complete management of your IT environment. MITS is available for new and existing IT environments, and for equipment located in SaskTel Data Centres, in your facilities, or both.
Learn more about Managed IT Services
Why choose SaskTel Managed IT Services?
The service incorporates Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices, leading technologies, and skilled staff to provide you with improved IT service management, allowing you to drive revenue, reduce risk and cost, and increase customer satisfaction.
Reduce downtime — Technical experts and smart tools improve visibility into the state of your IT infrastructure 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including repair or replacement of hardware, updates, and upgrades.
Increased security from cyber threats — Cyber security has become one of the most important aspects of business technology. Small businesses are at the greatest risk. We understand the value of data and know how to keep it secure using a variety of cyber security protocols for businesses who simply cannot risk a data breach.
Reduce cost and gain access to expertise
Controlled and predictable IT spend — A predictable monthly spend helps to lower the cost of hiring, training, and certifying your support staff.
Increased customer satisfaction
Reduce incidents and downtime — Proactive monitoring and support identifies and resolves issues before they arise.
Resolve problems faster — Identifying issues quickly and streamlining your incident management processes improves IT service levels.
Drive new revenue
Focus on your business — IT staff can focus on core business objectives instead of the daily support of your infrastructure.
Choose to outsource the support or management of some, or all, of your environment.
- Physical servers
- Virtual servers
- Storage devices
- Wi-Fi access points
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) controllers
- Wide Area Network (WAN) accelerators
- Desk phones
If you own your equipment and need support, we offer the following options:
- Remote: Warranty and support on customer-owned equipment, which includes remote access into the network for troubleshooting, operating system patches and updates, configuration backup, and target response and resolution times. You are able to report incidents and review the status of equipment online.
- On-Site: An enhanced level of warranty and support on customer-owned equipment, which includes all features of Remote service, plus equipment replacement and repair, and on-site labour.
- Monitoring (Stand-alone service, or Add-on to Remote or On-Site service): Provides proactive monitoring, alarming, 24/7 data collection, email notifications, asset inventory, and access to a self-serve portal to submit and track incidents.
- Managed: Complete management of your IT environment, which includes all features of Remote, On-Site, and Monitoring services, as well as alarm resolutions, problem identification and management, updates, and device configuration backups.
Comparison of Managed IT Services packages
|OS patches and updates as per vendor (if applicable)||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Target response and resolution times||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Report incidents and review status online||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Remote access into customer network for troubleshooting||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Replacement parts and material for Cisco||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Replacement parts and material for Mitel||-||✓||-||✓|
|Online portal access*||-||-||✓||✓|
|Proactive monitoring, alarming, data collection, and email notification 24/7||-||-||✓||✓|
|Email notification of critical events and incidents||-||-||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer maintenance includes:|
• Access to the manufacturer's Technical Assistance Centre (TAC)
• Support level options (for example, 8x5 or 7x24 coverage)
• Access to operating system updates and patches as required
• Ability to keep up to date on latest supported software notifications
• Optional hardware replacement