Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Reports
SaskTel's unique position within the telecommunications industry as both a provider and Crown corporation allows us to elevate our purpose and commitment to the people and province of Saskatchewan. We are dedicated to contributing to a sustainable and resilient Saskatchewan, where our residents and communities can prosper.
Key highlights from this years' report include:
- SaskTel contributed more than $2.9 million to 850 non-profit and charitable organizations, community associations, venues, events, and partnerships in 214 communities.
- The SaskTel Pioneers, a network of both current and retired employee volunteers, contributed $273,973 in financial donations and a total of $902,117 in-kind donations. The SaskTel Pioneers contributed 31,860 volunteer hours.
- SaskTel TelCare, SaskTel's employee-driven charitable donation program, contributed nearly $193,000 to 44 locally operated charities and non-profit organizations.
- Phones for a Fresh Start provided 599 phones and $14,400 worth of phone cards to people fleeing domestic abuse and youth transitioning out of Ministry of Social Services care. The program recycled 5,384 devices.
- As an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, and acceptance, SaskTel promoted the Be Kind Online initiative to positivity influence online behaviour and awarded $28,000 to 20 youth-lead kindness initiatives.
- SaskTel is proud to provide diverse and unique television programming featuring Saskatchewan stories and people on maxTV Local on Demand. $2.5 million was invested directly towards the creation and acquisition of local programming featuring community-based sports, athletes, artists, businesses, musicians, and events.
- SaskTel was recognized for our sustainability and greening efforts, being once again named one of Canada's Greenest Employers.
- SaskTel invested $354.3 million in capital to deliver world-class connectivity to Saskatchewan.
- SaskTel's ongoing work to make diversity, equity, and teamwork a high priority contributed to SaskTel being named to Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Saskatchewan's Top Employers and Canada's Top Employers for Young People.
Our ESG Practices
Environmental Sustainability - We are committed to a clean, green Saskatchewan. With our focus on reducing our environmental impact, the resources we use, and the waste we generate, we have embedded a green mindset into our operations. We are focused on controlling the impact that SaskTel and its employees have on the environment because Saskatchewan is our home.
Social Impact - We are dedicated to making Saskatchewan better by investing in initiatives that positively impact our province:
- With our focus on communities, we strive to improve the standard of living for people in Saskatchewan. Be it through the direct economic impact of our operations; the economic spin-offs generated by our contractors and suppliers; the financial support shown for hundreds of local non-profits and charitable organizations; or, our community outreach and support programs, we remain committed to enhancing the quality of life for all.
- With our customers at the centre of everything we do, we strive to increase access to our products and services.
- With our valued diverse workforce being our greatest strength and the heart of our company, we are committed to employee standards that enable all to thrive. We are focused on initiatives that drive inclusion, wellness, connectedness, and growth.
Governance - We are accountable to uphold ethical standards throughout all levels of the corporation.
- With our focus on ethical leadership SaskTel's Board of Directors has set a priority that ethical business conduct is an expectation embraced throughout all levels of SaskTel. Ensuring SaskTel meets its stringent ethical standards are a thorough set of policies and procedures, and regular training. This impacts all employees from the senior leadership to the employee entrusted to keep our network secure, handle customer information, or enter homes and businesses.