SaskTel recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2023)
March 7, 2023
Today, SaskTel is proud to announce that it has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace by the organizers of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (Mediacorp Canada Inc.), who have selected SaskTel as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2023.
“We are thrilled to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the thirteenth consecutive year,” said Doug Burnett, SaskTel President and CEO.
“SaskTel is committed to providing employees access to tools and education that are designed to build their knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion, as well as the role we all share in building a more inclusive and welcoming workplace.”
“At SaskTel, we recognize that a place where all employees feel confident to express their cultural values and identity helps create a high-performing workforce,” said Shara McCormick, SaskTel Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Services. “We believe that creating a safe workplace environment, where individuals can openly share diverse ideas, improves engagement and fosters greater innovation across the entire organization.”
Canada's Best Diversity Employers recognizes employers that have exceptional workplace diversity and inclusivity programs which operate through transparency and accountability.
SaskTel met the criteria for this award based on the following programs and initiatives:
- SaskTel Aboriginal Employees Network (SAEN) – a network of Indigenous and non-Indigenous employees who act as ambassadors to educate and support SaskTel employees regarding the significance and diversity of Indigenous cultures
- SaskTel’s Indigenous Business Development team – in collaboration with communities this team works to improve connectivity and innovation through initiatives like the Connected Community Program. This program provides internet access in community buildings, along with internal and external communication tools, to enhance health, social, education and economic opportunities
- Recruitment strategies for Indigenous Peoples
- Supported employment program for individuals with cognitive disabilities
- Scholarships and mentoring opportunities for youth
- Diversity and inclusion training available to all employees
SaskTel’s full editorial review for this award can be viewed on the Canada’s Top 100 Employers website here: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-sasktel#diversity
SaskTel is the leading Information and Communications Technology (ICT) provider in Saskatchewan, with approximately $1.3 billion in annual revenue and over 1.4 million customer connections including more than 647,000 wireless accesses, 273,000 wireline network accesses, 293,000 internet and data accesses, 110,000 maxTV service subscribers, and 78,000 security monitoring customers. SaskTel and its wholly-owned subsidiaries offer a wide range of ICT products and services including competitive voice, data and Internet services, wireless data services, maxTV services, data centre services, cloud-based services, security monitoring services, advertising services, and international software and consulting services. SaskTel and its wholly-owned subsidiaries have a workforce of approximately 3,300 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs). Visit SaskTel at www.sasktel.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
SaskTel Media Relations