Be Kind Online
The Be Kind Online program is an initiative to bring awareness and education to cyberbullying and cyber safety. It is also a reminder that each and everyone one of us has an obligation to monitor our online behaviour and share in the opportunity to spread positivity.
Pink Shirt Day Contest
SaskTel Be Kind Online is painting Saskatchewan pink all February long. Help us spread kindness online by joining in on our #PinkShirtDay Challenge. Learn more about our Pink Shirt Day Contest.
Helping Our Communities
We’re taking a stand and helping our communities by:
- Providing education around cyber safety
- Raising awareness of the effects of bullying
- Supporting youth-led initiatives
Make sure to check out bekindonline.com.
Empowering Our Youth
The Ministry of Education has partnered with Be Kind Online to provide grants of up to $1,000 for youth-led initiatives to address bullying and cyberbullying within the province of Saskatchewan. The goal is to empower youth to take action in their communities to spread kindness, positivity, and connectedness.
The grant provides youth the opportunity to collaborate with others to find solutions to stop bullying and inspire others to do the same. Together we can make a difference.
Since 2015, over 115 grants have been awarded totaling over $105,000
To learn more and access helpful resources like Cyber Safety Tips, visit bekindonline.com. And make sure to connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
Making a Difference
Here are some of the ways the SaskTel Be Kind Online Program grant recipients are making our communities better:
- Haig School: RAK Pack - A club for students in grade 5 and 6 who do Random Acts of Kindness in their school and community.
- Evan Hardy Collegiate: Project Buddy – Students new to Canada are paired with another student to welcome them to the school community.
- Meadow Lake: Clusters of Kindness group – Regularly deliver flowers to random places and people, such as the hospital, senior’s homes, stores, etc.
- Churchbridge public school: Bullying Prevention group – Has monthly events to promote bullying prevention while bringing awareness to the issue.
And these are just a few! Get inspired and find out what other Be Kind Online grant recipients are doing at bekindonline.com
Apply for a Grant
Looking to make a difference? Need a little funding to help get you there? We can help.