Committed to the environment
We’re committed to a clean, green Saskatchewan.
SaskTel is committed to leading environmental sustainability in Saskatchewan. We pursue environment sustainability in three ways:
- Complying with regulations. We monitor global, federal and provincial changes in environmental regulations, reporting and policy, and adapt our strategic direction to comply whenever necessary.
- Preventing pollution. We focus on minimizing our resource usage and waste creation through efficiencies and policies.
- Continuously improving. We continue to further streamline processes, leverage technology, influence suppliers and educate employees and customers on behalf of sustainable practices. Our commitment to innovation and the environment provides benefits to the business and communities in which we operate.
A super green employer
For the tenth consecutive year, we've been named one of Canada's Greenest Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. This honour recognizes our leading environmental policies, including:
- waste minimization,
- increased fuel efficiency, and
- our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Our Environmental Management System gives us a well-coordinated and formal approach to managing environmental issues wherever we operate in Saskatchewan. As a result of this system, we have:
- reduced our environmental impacts,
- reduced our resource use and waste generation, and
- become a sustainability leader in the province.
Our Biosecurity Policy was established as part of our commitment to protecting land and crops from soil-borne diseases such as clubroot when we’re performing any services on agricultural land. See our Biosecurity Policy Handout (PDF).
In your community
We want to make the communities we serve a bit greener. Here are some of the things we’re doing:
- Phones for a Fresh Start – We collect and recycle old phones and donate the proceeds to help victims of domestic abuse. Learn how you can recycle your phone.
- SaskTel eBILL - Reduce paper waste and save trees by signing up for eBILL.
- Computers for School - The SaskTel Pioneers refurbish used computers and peripherals and donate them to schools.
SaskTel EnviroCare is an employee-led network committed to creating a greener community and promoting environmental awareness.
From hosting lunch-and-learns, to coordinating donation drives, to helping preserve and protect the natural spaces we share, EnviroCare is dedicated to making a lasting difference for the environment right here in Saskatchewan.
Recycle and donate
We raise funds by recycling cans and bottles, and donate the money to green projects such as:
- Offsetting vandalism in the Wakamow Valley park washroom in Moose Jaw.
- Donating a solar panel to Minahik Waskahigan High School in Pinehouse Lake.
- Purchasing supplies for Salthaven West to help rehabilitate an owl rescued by a SaskTel employee.
Volunteering to make a difference
We also volunteer for projects across the province such as:
- Helping to complete the Great Trail in Saskatchewan.
- Helping to green wetlands with Ducks Unlimited in Yorkton.
- Sprucing up local parks.